Hike Santa María—the striking stratovolcano that towers 1400 meters over Xela at 3772m total altitude. With a sweeping 360 degree view of Xela, the volcanic line that stretches from Tacana to Agua, and Volcán Santiaguito (one of Guatemala’s most active volcanoes) this is a great option for anyone around Xela: do one of the best volcano hikes in Guatemala, with beautiful montane forests and spectacular views, and be back in Xela for lunch!
Please note that all treks must be booked by 11am the day prior to the departure to avoid a 50Q late fee.
|DEPARTURE & RETURN LOCATION||Xela (Casa Argentina hostel)|
By request, contact us for availability
|WHAT TO WEAR||
Hiking shoes, shorts, t-shirts, fleece, rain jacket, hat, sunscreen, backpack (10-20L)
* If you need to borrow any of these items, we have them here for you included in the price
Breakfast, lunch, snacks, gear, guides, transport
- 5:00am—meet in QT office for breakfast
- 6:00am—take pickup to the base of Santa María
- 10:30am—reach the summit, enjoy the views, eat lunch, hope for eruption(s)
- 11:30pm—descend, take a bus back to Xela
- 3:30pm—return to QT office