Hike Santa María—the striking stratovolcano that towers 1400 meters over Xela at 3772m total altitude. Starting at midnight, we’ll hike to the summit of the volcano, enjoying views of a moonlit Xela, and settle into our sleeping bags to await the sunrise. We’ll eat breakfast as we watch the day unfold, and then pack up to return to Xela before lunchtime the next day.
Please note that all treks must be booked by 11am the day prior to the departure to avoid a 50Q late fee.
|DEPARTURE & RETURN LOCATION||Xela (Casa Argentina hostel)|
|DEPARTURE TIME||10:00pm on full moon nights|
|WHAT TO WEAR||
Hiking shoes, hiking clothes, a change of clothes, jacket, pants, hat, gloves, rain gear, sun gear, sleeping bag (0 deg or lower), sleeping mat, backpack (40-50L), headlamp
* If you need to borrow any of these items, we have them here for you included in the price
Breakfast, snacks, transport, guides, gear if needed
- 9:00pm—meet in QT office for a snack
- 10:30pm—take shuttle to base of Santa María
- 4:00am—arrive at summit, get a little sleep
- 6:00am—sunrise, hot drinks, and breakfast
- 8:00am—pack up and head back down the mountain
- 12:00pm—take bus back to Xela
- 1:00pm—return to QT office