We leave our Quetzaltrekkers office early, get a ride to Llano del Pinal, and begin our gradual hike uphill through corn fields and montane pine forests to arrive at a mirador (lookout point) over Volcán Santiaguito, one of Guatemala’s most active volcanoes. There, we’ll eat breakfast and hope for an eruption (or 2!). After a few pictures we’ll head back down and into Xela by lunchtime.
Please note that all treks must be booked by 11am the day prior to the departure to avoid a 50Q late fee.
|DEPARTURE & RETURN LOCATION||Xela (Casa Argentina hostel)|
|DEPARTURE TIME||By request, contact us for availability|
|WHAT TO WEAR||
Hiking shoes, shorts, t-shirt, fleece, rain jacket, sunscreen, hat, backpack (20-40L)
* If you need to borrow any of these items, we have them here for you included in the price
|WHAT’S INCLUDED||breakfast, snacks, gear, guides, transportation|
- 5:00am—pick-up at your hostel
- 6:00am—take pickup to base of Santa María
- 8:30am—arrive at mirador, make breakfast, and hope for eruptions
- 10:00am—start back for Xela
- 12:00pm—take bus back to Xela
- 1:00pm—return to QT office