Like doing communication and marketing, but don’t want to be in the office the whole week? You like hiking in the mountains and do all this for giving children in Guatemala a better future? This could be something for you! Quetzaltrekkers is in search of an office communication volunteer, with a minimum 3-month commitment, preferably to start as soon as possible!
- Contact person for all partners in Guatemala: this means building relationships with our partners or potential partners in cooperation with the school.
- Marketing: able to make a marketing strategy plan and implement this.
- Responsible for offering our treks on different travel websites (TripAdvisor, Viator, Expedia etc). You will closely work with the finance manager for this.
- Social Media & blog posts: keep all forms of QT social media updated with fun photos, news, and campaigns. This includes, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and our blog.
- Guide on treks (knowledge or will to learn how to lead all one-day hikes strongly encouraged).
If you do not want to guide on treks, this is not a problem, but we do require you to do at least one of the treks to experience what we offer our customers. The tasks are certainly not limited to the ones above if you don’t want to. There are lot of possibilities at Quetzaltrekkers, but it does require yourself to take initiative.
- Proficient Spanish and English required. You need to be able to communicate with local businesses, whom may only speak Spanish to build relationships.
- Taking initiative. Follow up on ideas. Do it mentality.
- Knowledge how to do (Facebook) advertisements or will to learn this
- Basic graphic design skills (Photoshop)
- Ability to make promotion videos or organize this
- Passion for outdoors and helping the children!
Would be nice to have:
- WordPress experience
- SEO (Search engine optimization)
- Knowledge of Google Analytics
- At least some experience in hiking in mountains
This is still all volunteer work, and although we don’t offer much, we think what we can give in addition to the satisfaction of helping over 150 local children get a deserved education is plenty. We’re able to offer the same thing we offer to all our guides:
– Stay in the Guide-house for 200Q/month rent
– Breakfast and dinner in the office
Sounds good to you? Then you can send us your resume, but we’d prefer to see what you have done in the past: websites, campaigns, advertisements, videos… Anything that makes you proud to show us! Write a motivation why you are interested in this position and when you are available.
If you want to apply or want more information: firstname.lastname@example.org