Last update: 27 May 2017
1 Quetzaltrekkers’ commitment to privacy
2 Why Quetzaltrekkers collects personal information
During the course of carrying out our business and performing our services, Quetzaltrekkers collect personal information in order to conduct our business, to provide and market our services, and to meet our legal obligations. Sometimes, our clients may also require us to collect information on their behalf in connection with their services or products to you. We may also collect data for other purposes, which we would describe in more detail to you at the point we collect the information. You may refuse to provide us with some or all of your personal information; however, this may limit the ways in which we can interact with you, including providing you with our services.
3 The kinds of information we collect
We usually collect the following kinds of personal information:
- Name, gender, age, contact information (if it is for IT project research purposes, we may anonymise the information upon your request if it is practical to do so) and credit card information when you place an order;
- Interests in our services or events, or that of our clients;
- Information about people’s dealings with us or our clients; and
- Your opinion or comments on certain matters (e.g., quality of our services).
4 How information is collected
Quetzaltrekkers gathers information in two ways:
- Indirectly (through our site’s technology or through other third parties who collect information on our behalf or have the right to share your information with us); and
- Directly (when you provide information to us by way of paper or online forms or questionnaires filled out by you, face-to-face meetings).
5 How does Quetzaltrekkers use this information?
- to provide our services to you or our clients
- to manage our relationships with you or our clients
- to improve Quetzaltrekkers or its client’s services
- to answer your inquiry
- to direct-market products and services, advise you of news and industry updates, trends and events
- to share with trusted third parties (e.g., our contracted service providers or advisers) whom we have engaged to provide services to you or help us meet our contractual or legal obligations.
6 Sending information overseas and sharing information with other parties
Some of our pages utilize framing techniques to serve content to/from our partners while preserving the look and feel of our website. Please be aware that you are providing your personal information to these third parties and not to Quetzaltrekkers.
7 How does Quetzaltrekkers protect sensitive personal information?
8 Access, update and deletion of personal information
You are entitled to know whether we hold information about you and, if we do, the type of information, the purposes for which we hold it, the possible recipients or types of recipients, and to have access to that information and require it to be corrected if it is inaccurate. You can do this by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Upon written request and within a reasonable time frame we will correct, delete and/or block personal information from further processing. We will retain your information as needed to provide you services and will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and/or enforce our agreements.
9 What is Quetzaltrekkers practice regarding data security?
We take appropriate steps to maintain the security and integrity of your information/data, including the use of encryption, physical security (e.g., lock and access control) and other security measures. As for information provided or collected online, you should understand that the open nature of the Internet is such that information/data may flow over networks without security measures and may be accessed and used by people other than those for whom the information/data is intended. We recommend that you always clear the browser’s user data when accessing the service from public terminals.
10 Tracking Technologies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around a site and use its features. Without these cookies services you have asked for cannot be provided.
- Registered Visitor Cookie – A unique identifier given to each registered user, used to recognize you through their visit and when they return to the site.
These cookies collect information so that we can analyse how our visitors use our site. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies you. All information these cookies collect is anonymous and is only used to improve how our site works.
- Google Analytics Cookie – allow us to follow the actions of a user during your visit to our site (for more information, see Analytics cookies below).
These cookies allow websites and applications to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. We may use information collected from functional cookies to identify user behavior and to serve content based on your profile. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites. They don’t gather any information about you that could be used for advertising or remembering where you’ve been on the Internet outside our site. Analytics cookies
In order to keep our website services relevant, easy to use and up-to-date, we use web analytics services to help us understand how people use the site. Cookies allow web analytics services to recognize your browser or device and, for example, identify whether you have visited our website before, what you have previously viewed or clicked on, and how you found us. The information is anonymous and only used for statistical purposes, and it helps us to analyse patterns of user activity and to develop a better user experience. Web analytics data and cookies cannot be used to identify you – they do not contain personal information such as your name or email address. Log Files
11 Web beacons
Our Web pages contain electronic images known as Web beacons (sometimes called single pixel gifs) and are used along with cookies to compile aggregated statistics to analyze how our site is used and may be used in some of our emails to let us know which emails and links have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our customer communications and marketing campaigns. We also collect information directly when you voluntarily submit it to us. We may provide the opportunity to sign-up for a periodic email newsletter by entering in your email address. It is completely up to you whether or not you want to provide it. You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails.
12 Other matters Third party websites
You may find links to third party websites on our website. These sites are owned and operated independently of us and may collect information about you. This holds, for example, for our booking pages which is controlled by Rezdy.com
13 Contact Information